SVPAM Employment Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in employment with Sewickley Valley Pediatrics. Our current openings are listed below. All resumes submitted will be reviewed for the minimal requirements required for the position. Qualified candidates will receive a call from either our Chief Operating Officer or Director of Clinical Services / Staff Operations within a week to discuss the opening in further detail and to possibly schedule an in-person interview.
Clinical Medical Assistant (Must be CMA or RMA)
Come join our team of great medical professionals!
We are looking for a Clinical Medical Assistant who is able to work independently, maintain a positive demeanor and display a strong work ethic. Knowledge of electronic medical records preferred, but willing to train motivated candidate. Previous pediatric experience is a plus.
Sewickley Valley Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine
JOB TITLE: Clinical Staff – Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
Under the general direction of the administrator, this employee is responsible for basic clinical duties for the physicians. This position includes but is not limited to: assessment documentation, assessment observation, basic laboratory duties, basic patient care clinical skills including measurements, blood pressures, preparing and administering immunizations, finger-stick blood work, vision and hearing testing, ear lavage, preparing and administering allergy injections, patient education and participating with / keeping abreast of current pediatric developments.
The following description of job responsibilities and performance expectations is intended to reflect the major responsibilities of the job. Its intention is not to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Acts in a professional manner, reflecting the mission of SVPAM and demonstrates compliance with all policy, procedures and federal/state regulations.
- Appropriate Medical Assistant knowledge of anatomy, medical assessment & documentation
- Patient Triage (assessment to determine reason for patient’s visit, documentation of assessment, preparing patient for the physician/nurse practitioner’s examination, helping provider as needed)
- Patient Education (educating patients/families regarding illnesses, preventative care, medications, basic child care issues)
- Basic laboratory duties (daily/weekly proficiency testing, throat culture testing, urinalysis and urine culture testing, immunization preparation and administration under the direction of the provider as SVPAM standard of care)
- Demonstrates an ability to remain calm, perform effectively and professionally during peak periods of activity and emergency situations.
- Utilizes universal precautions in obtaining specimens and in delivery of patient care
- Complies with all SVPAM policies as defined in Personnel Manual
- Strong computer keyboarding skills
- Consistent demonstration of a team approach to work performance & patient care
- Demonstrates a commitment to the basic concepts of continuous quality improvement
- Respect and maintain privacy, security & dignity of patient information; assures patient confidentiality at all times
- Willing to attend continuing education courses at request of employer
- Maintaining organization of clinical area
- Working on projects as situations arise
- Perform related duties as required
- Exhibit commitment to department and own personal growth along with maintaining knowledge of current procedures and trends
- Takes part in SVPAM programs to promote safety of self, co-workers and patients
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to remain polite and helpful to patients at all times
- Ability to proficiently perform all related clinical skills
KNOWLEDGE, PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE/REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Completion of an approved, accredited Medical Assistant program
- Certification through AAMA (CMA) or AMT (RMA)
- CPR and Basic Life Support certified
- Previous medical office experiences desired but not required
- Maintenance of certification at required intervals
- Pa. Child Abuse Clearance
- Pa. required Criminal Background check including Fingerprints
- Satisfactory Employment Drug Screening
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
To Apply: Interested candidates should forward a formal cover letter and detailed resume to our Chief Operating Officer, Liz Yankello, at email@example.com